|Follow us on twitter @NewEngHolstein||@nesholsteins|
The New England Holstein Summer Show will be held Augus 5 at Deerfield Fairgrounds, NH. Link for show packet.
Thanks to all of our members who submitted fantastic photos from around New England! We are recognizing both a Senior winner and a Junior winner in the photo contest, Vivian Briggs and Justine Allyn, and will be featuring these photos, along with a rolling slide show of others in our newly refreshed website.
As we finalize details on the Association website refresh, we need your help with one of the exciting new features - a portion of the site will feature items listed by members - embryos, cows, heifers, if you have it, let's list it and help us all stay connected. We will be accepting submissions on a continual basis, but the inaugural group will go up in the next week.
We are in the process of developing a new website with a fresh look. The new site will incorporate features you have been asking: online payment of membership dues, breeder locator map, and a market place where you can buy and sell animals as well as advertise for help on the farm. Check back regularly as we hope to have the new site up and running by mid-July.
Designed to encourage and support youth participation in dairy-related programs or events that require travel outside of New England, this scholarship is available to offset travel expenses and costs of participation in such activities. The scholarship is open to all New England Junior Holstein members, and may be put towards participation in any dairy-related program or activity outside of the New England area, including but not limited to judging or dairy bowl competitions, conference attendance, national show participation, etc.
Scholarships will be awarded twice per year, in the fall and again in the spring, so applicants have the opportunity to apply for events that occur year-round. Winners should use the scholarship for travel scheduled within six months from the date received.
2020 Application Rules
**Juniors participating in national competitions at the Holstein USA annual convention are not eligible for this scholarship as the New England Association already provides financial assistance for these events; however, juniors can apply for other trips such as Louisville, World Dairy Expo. etc.
- The dollar amount and number of scholarship recipients awarded is at the discretion of the selection committee and based on the number of qualified applicants. A total of $200 is available annually through this scholarship program.
- Applicant must be a member of the New England Junior Holstein Association and have dairy involvement.
- Completed applications must be received by the deadline in order to be considered. Scholarship deadlines are as follows:
- Spring: March 15, 2020
- Fall: September 15, 2020
- Applications may be mailed to the New England Holstein Association office or emailed to email@example.com.
- All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and recipients will be contacted by April 1st and October 1st. Scholarship winners will also be recognized at the New England Holstein Convention in the fall.
- Scholarship winners agree to use the scholarship within six months from the date received to subsidize travel and participation in an educational dairy-related experience outside of New England, as outlined in their application materials.