|Follow us on twitter @NewEngHolstein||@nesholsteins|
Youth Showing Workshop
February 18, 2019 at 10AM
Brigeen Farms, at the Calf Barn 345 Upper Street, Turner, Maine
Junior members will learn strategies for selecting their show calf, making mating decisions for their project heifers and will practice reading pedigrees and making selection decisions on farm.
Tim Abbott – Select the Best: Show Calf Selection Strategies
Chris Kimball – Planning the Next Generation- Mating Decisions for Your Show Heifers
Refreshments and pizza lunch will be provided. This event is open to all dairy youth and their families.
Designed to encourage and support youth participation in dairy-related programs or events that require travel outside of New England, this scholarship is available to offset travel expenses and costs of participation in such activities. The scholarship is open to all New England Junior Holstein members, and may be put towards participation in any dairy-related program or activity outside of the New England area, including but not limited to judging or dairy bowl competitions, conference attendance, national show participation, etc.
Scholarships will be awarded twice per year, in the fall and again in the spring, so applicants have the opportunity to apply for events that occur year-round. Winners should use the scholarship for travel scheduled within six months from the date received.
2019 Application Rules
- The dollar amount and number of scholarship recipients awarded is at the discretion of the selection committee and based on the number of qualified applicants. A total of $200 is available annually through this scholarship program.
- Applicant must be a member of the New England Junior Holstein Association and have dairy involvement.
- Completed applications must be received by the deadline in order to be considered. Scholarship deadlines are as follows:
- Spring: March 15, 2019
- Fall: September 15, 2019
- Applications may be mailed to the New England Holstein Association office or emailed to email@example.com.
- All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and recipients will be contacted by April 1st and October 1st. Scholarship winners will also be recognized at the New England Holstein Convention in the fall.
- Scholarship winners agree to use the scholarship within six months from the date received to subsidize travel and participation in an educational dairy-related experience outside of New England, as outlined in their application materials.