|Follow us on twitter @NewEngHolstein||@nesholsteins|
REMINDER - APPLICATIONS FOR THE SPRING JUNIOR TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIP ARE DUE MARCH 15 (Application link)
The New England Holstein Annual is now produced by Cowsmopolitan and will be published in the spring /summer issue, which is scheduled to hit mailboxes the beginning of June. Ad booking deadlines are to be made by May 15 2019. Bethany Carpenter, New England ad sales representative for Holstein World, will be staying on with Cowsmo Inc. in the same position. If you have plans to place an ad, please contact Bethany. Contact info is in the attached flyer. This is a great opportunity to promote the outstanding Holstein cattle in New England.
Designed to encourage and support youth participation in dairy-related programs or events that require travel outside of New England, this scholarship is available to offset travel expenses and costs of participation in such activities. The scholarship is open to all New England Junior Holstein members, and may be put towards participation in any dairy-related program or activity outside of the New England area, including but not limited to judging or dairy bowl competitions, conference attendance, national show participation, etc.
Scholarships will be awarded twice per year, in the fall and again in the spring, so applicants have the opportunity to apply for events that occur year-round. Winners should use the scholarship for travel scheduled within six months from the date received.
2019 Application Rules
- The dollar amount and number of scholarship recipients awarded is at the discretion of the selection committee and based on the number of qualified applicants. A total of $200 is available annually through this scholarship program.
- Applicant must be a member of the New England Junior Holstein Association and have dairy involvement.
- Completed applications must be received by the deadline in order to be considered. Scholarship deadlines are as follows:
- Spring: March 15, 2019
- Fall: September 15, 2019
- Applications may be mailed to the New England Holstein Association office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and recipients will be contacted by April 1st and October 1st. Scholarship winners will also be recognized at the New England Holstein Convention in the fall.
- Scholarship winners agree to use the scholarship within six months from the date received to subsidize travel and participation in an educational dairy-related experience outside of New England, as outlined in their application materials.