|Follow us on twitter @NewEngHolstein||@nesholsteins|
The Pine Tree Holstein Annual meeting scheduled for March 28 has been cancelled out of concern for the coronavirus. At this time, no future date has been set.
The Vermont Holstein Annual meeting scheduled for March 28 has been cancelled out of concern for the coranavirus. At this time, no future date has been set.
Designed to encourage and support youth participation in dairy-related programs or events that require travel outside of New England, this scholarship is available to offset travel expenses and costs of participation in such activities. The scholarship is open to all New England Junior Holstein members, and may be put towards participation in any dairy-related program or activity outside of the New England area, including but not limited to judging or dairy bowl competitions, conference attendance, national show participation, etc.
Scholarships will be awarded twice per year, in the fall and again in the spring, so applicants have the opportunity to apply for events that occur year-round. Winners should use the scholarship for travel scheduled within six months from the date received.
2020 Application Rules
**Juniors participating in national competitions at the Holstein USA annual convention are not eligible for this scholarship as the New England Association already provides financial assistance for these events; however, juniors can apply for other trips such as Louisville, World Dairy Expo. etc.
- The dollar amount and number of scholarship recipients awarded is at the discretion of the selection committee and based on the number of qualified applicants. A total of $200 is available annually through this scholarship program.
- Applicant must be a member of the New England Junior Holstein Association and have dairy involvement.
- Completed applications must be received by the deadline in order to be considered. Scholarship deadlines are as follows:
- Spring: March 15, 2020
- Fall: September 15, 2020
- Applications may be mailed to the New England Holstein Association office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and recipients will be contacted by April 1st and October 1st. Scholarship winners will also be recognized at the New England Holstein Convention in the fall.
- Scholarship winners agree to use the scholarship within six months from the date received to subsidize travel and participation in an educational dairy-related experience outside of New England, as outlined in their application materials.